1. Ask where everything is! Finding your way round someone else’s house is tricky, particularly if you have to do it 8 times. Ask early on to save hassle.
2. Take time to relax and see the local sites! Even better if you go round with your hosts and get to know them better.
3. Spend time with your team. Tour can be a hectic time and it’s important to check in regularly with your teammates.
4. Spend time with God. Psalms 62.1
5. Don’t over pack because you’ll receive gifts and then your luggage will get even more heavy. You might not even have space for them which is sad.
6. Bring luggage with wheels because the walk to Wallis House is long, and it will be easier to transport everywhere.
7. The easiest way to serve your hosts is by cleaning up (I.e your bedroom or the kitchen).
8. Get thank you cards! You can get a small pack for a pound and they’re a great way to show your hosts that you’re grateful.
9. Don’t make too many plans in your free time as a team because hosts/people from the church will sometimes have lots idea of where they want to take you out to.